Friday, December 31, 2010

A brief reflection, a broader vision

2010 has been an eventful year; January started a declaration of remission of my leukemia, followed by two months of respiratory infections! So much for better health through remission!

Like all of us I had my share of ups and downs, although it seemed like this year had a few more downs than I would have liked. I face this coming new year with hope and optimism. I often deflect by using humor and use negative circumstances as a prop for laughs, but the reality is, I am an optimist. I believe tomorrow can be better than today, that next year can be better than last year.

I live in a nation with unlimited opportunities, where a person is truly limited only by the ceilings they themselves build in their mind and their life. I am guilty of not counting nor treasuring the many blessings I have been given, so if I were to make a New Year’s resolution, it would be to savor the moments am given, to stop dwelling on what might have been and what will never be.

The apostle Paul wrote: “I have learned the secret of being content in all circumstances”; I knew that truth once, not that long ago and I let it slip away and that is my responsibility, no one else’s. So I have goals for 2011 and beyond and I have a vision for my life, but my resolution is simple, to be at peace with where God has me, to be satisfied in Him and to be content, regardless of my circumstances.

God bless you and may 2011 be your year best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment